2023 Texas Plant Protection Conference Meeting
December 5 & 6, 2023
POSTER Abstract and Guidelines
Abstracts are required for all posters.
Requirements for POSTERS:
1. Submit an abstract using the link below.
2. Poster Abstracts are due November 1, 2023 and must be submitted electronically (link above).
General POSTER Specifications and GUIDELINES:
• Text utilized in posters (introduction, materials and methods, results and discussion, etc.) should be presented in a way that can be effectively disseminated to a broad audience (scientists, agricultural producers, agricultural industry personnel, etc.)
• Posters should be formatted to be concise, yet thorough enough to effectively communicate the background and results of the work to a reader within 5-7 minutes (see example poster on page 5)
• Size limitations: posters can be any size up to 48 x 48 inches.
• Please provide title and author information as described in the Abstract Template
• Posters need to be put up at the start of the meeting and taken down after the business lunch and before the close of the meeting on the second day.
• Poster presenters do not need to be present at any specific time, although there is a poster viewing session.
• There will be an opportunity for STUDENT PRESENTERS to meet with members of the TPPA at a set time to discuss their work.
• If you are a STUDENT and wish to compete in the poster competition ONLY, you do not need to register. However, we encourage you to REGISTER and enjoy the meeting and the opportunities to meet and get to know TPPA members. You are welcome to come and go as your schedule permits.
• Use footnotes
• Use keywords
• Convert text to ASCII
• Number pages
• Use paragraph adjustments
• Use vertical adjustment
• Tables and Figures
General Abstract Specifications:
• Microsoft Word Document (*.doc or *.docx) set up as 8 ½" x 11"
• Font Type: Times New Roman
• Font Size: 10 point
• Font Color: Black
• Justification: Full
• 1" margins – Top, bottom, and both sides
• Underline or italicize scientific names
• Single space text within paragraph
• Double space between paragraphs
• Place disclaimers or notes just before references
The abstract is limited to 250 words and should be a single paragraph describing the poster. The abstract should highlight significant results, and may include interpretation of the important results, as well as essential aspects of experimental procedure, but without details.
Please use the English (foot, pound, acre, etc.) system for all measurements
Scientific names of insects, weeds, and plant pathogens, should be cited at the first mention of the pest, whether in the title or the text abstract. Follow the common name with the scientific name in parenthesis and underlined.
Tables and Figures:
Not to be included in the abstract.
November 1, 2023
Submit an abstract using:
Send POSTER ABSTRACTS electronically using the submission link below.
If you have any questions, call Sam Rustom or the TPPA Office 936/537-7083 or email email@example.com.