2020 Texas Plant Protection Conference Virtual Meeting
December 8, 2020
POSTER Abstract and Guidelines
Abstracts are required for all posters.
Requirements for POSTERS:
1. Submit an abstract using the link below.
2. Poster Abstracts are due November 2, 2020 and must be submitted electronically (link above).
3. All posters will require a recorded narrated power point slide (poster).
4. 3 minute recording (maximum) summarizing the poster.
5. PDF copy of the poster.
6. Additional instructions will be sent to poster authors detailing how to record presentations and submit files.
General POSTER Specifications and GUIDELINES:
• Size limitations: posters can be any size up to 48 x 48 inches.
• All posters will be made available at the conference website as a 3 minute video recording and pdf copy of the poster.
• If you are a STUDENT and wish to compete in the poster competition ONLY you do not need to register. However, we encourage you to REGISTER and enjoy the meeting and the opportunities to meet and get to know TPPA members. You are welcome to come and go as your schedule permits.
• Use footnotes
• Use keywords
• Convert text to ASCII
• Number pages
• Use paragraph adjustments
• Use vertical adjustment
• Tables and Figures
The abstract is limited to 250 words and should be a single paragraph describing the poster. The abstract should highlight significant results, and may include interpretation of the important results, as well as essential aspects of experimental procedure, but without details.
Please use the English (foot, pound, acre, etc.) system for all measurements
Scientific names of insects, weeds, and plant pathogens, should be cited at the first mention of the pest, whether in the title or the text abstract. Follow the common name with the scientific name in parenthesis and underlined.
Tables and Figures:
Not to be included in the abstract.
November 2, 2020
Send POSTER ABSTRACTS electronically using the submission link above.
For submission questions, contact:
If you have any questions, call the TPPA Office 936/537-7083 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.