2018 Texas Plant Protection Conference
Brazos Center, Bryan TX
December 4 & 5 , 2018
POSTER Abstract and Guidelines
Abstracts are required for all posters.
Requirements for POSTERS:
1. Please indicate in your email response that your ABSTRACT is for a POSTER.
2. Please indicate whether you are competing in the GRADUATE STUDENT POSTER COMPETITION. Undergraduate students are eligible to compete in the graduate student competition. If there are multiple authors, THE STUDENT must be the major contributor to the work reported on the poster and must be indicated clearly in the ABSTRACT.
3. Poster Abstracts are due November 2, 2018 and must be submitted electronically (see below).
4. An Abstract TEMPLATE is available as a separate attachment.
General POSTER Specifications and GUIDELINES:
• Size limitations: posters can be any size up to 48 x 48 inches.
• Please provide title and author information as described in the Abstract Template
• Posters need to be put up at the start of the meeting and taken down after the business lunch and before the close of the meeting on the second day.
• Poster presenters do not need to be present at any specific time, although there is a poster viewing session.
• There will be an opportunity for STUDENT PRESENTERS to meet with members of the TPPA at a set time to discuss their work.
• If you are a STUDENT and wish to compete in the poster competition ONLY you do not need to register. However, we encourage you to REGISTER and enjoy the meeting and the opportunities to meet and get to know TPPA members. You are welcome to come and go as your schedule permits.
• Use footnotes
• Use keywords
• Convert text to ASCII
• Number pages
• Use paragraph adjustments
• Use vertical adjustment
• Tables and Figures
General ABSTRACT Specifications:
• Microsoft Word Document (*.doc or *.docx) set up as 8 ½" x 11"
• Font Type: Times New Roman
• Font Size: 10 point
• Font Color: Black
• Justification: Full
• 1" margins – Top, bottom, and both sides
• Underline or italicize scientific names
• Single space text within paragraph
• Double space between paragraphs
• Place disclaimers or notes just before references
The abstract is limited to 250 words and should be a single paragraph describing the poster. The abstract should highlight significant results, and may include interpretation of the important results, as well as essential aspects of experimental procedure, but without details.
Please use the English (foot, pound, acre, etc.) system for all measurements
Scientific names of insects, weeds, and plant pathogens, should be cited at the first mention of the pest, whether in the title or the text abstract. Follow the common name with the scientific name in parenthesis and underlined.
Tables and Figures:
Not to be included in the abstract.
November 2, 2018
Send POSTER ABSTRACTS electronically (Microsoft WORD format attachment) to:
TPPA VP & Poster Chairman
If you have any questions, call the TPPA Office 936/537-7083 or email email@example.com.